Help for Veterans Needing Home Repairs
As a Veteran, you probably know there are federal resources available to help you make repairs or accessibility improvements to your home. But when these resources aren’t enough or you just can’t wait any longer, INHP may be able to help. For a limited time, INHP is offering Veterans a way to affordably finance expensive home repairs and accessibility modifications with no impact on your already limited budget. It is a five-year forgivable loan with 0% interest, no required monthly payment and no out-of-pocket expense.
Qualifying repairs/modifications may include:
- Essential Repairs: roof, gutters, plumbing, furnace, water heater, structural, electrical, septic tank, etc.
- Accessibility modifications: bathroom grab bars, wheelchair ramp, doorway widening, walk-in shower, etc.
- Five-year forgivable loan with 20% of the total loan forgiven each year that homeownership is maintained
- 0% interest/.25% APR*
- No required monthly payment
- No out-of-pocket expense
- Maximum loan amount $10,000
- Closing costs rolled into the loan (up to $600)
- Contractor and project support through INHP
- Must provide DD Form 214
- Exclusively available to honorably discharged Veterans, Active-Duty Personnel, Reserve members and National Guard members
- Current on home mortgage, property taxes and home insurance
- Property must be owner occupied and in Marion County
- Review of all outstanding liens and/or judgements
- All parties on home title needs to sign loan
- Must use a licensed, bonded and insured contractor and have property inspected
- Income restrictions apply- participants must be 80% or less of the household Area Median Income (AMI) as determined annually by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
|This program was made possible through the support of The Home Depot Foundation.|