INHP always is looking for business-savvy individuals who are hard-working and passionate about serving the city of Indianapolis and the people who call it home.
The Indianapolis Neighborhood Housing Partnership (INHP) is Indianapolis’ pre-eminent community development catalyst for successful homeownership and sustainable neighborhoods.
We enable our clients to become and remain long-term, successful homeowners through homebuyer preparation, including classes and advising programs and mortgage lending. We also help advance Indianapolis’ quality of life by providing thought leadership, technical assistance, organizational financial support and programming to community partners dedicated to neighborhood revitalization.
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNTIES
The position of project manager, strategic initiatives will provide implementation and oversight of assigned activities in four key areas:
- INHP Program design and implementation;
- Property Acquisition, Development and Management;
- Single-Family Lending/Homeowner Development;
- Community Lending;
This position will be responsible for overseeing high-priority projects in the above-mentioned categories and will manage multiple simultaneous initiatives from inception through project completion.
Specific duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Provide oversight by providing a high level of leadership and initiative exhibiting independence and accountability by clearing barriers to team progress, promoting INHP, resolving conflicts and ensuring that project goals are achievable and met;
- Administer contracts and projects in accordance with applicable standards, regulations and reporting requirements;
- Manage project activities including scope of project, work plan, scheduling and deadlines, consultants, grants and budgets for project;
- Develop/maintain relationships with internal and external audiences to ensure successful implementation. Develop and foster strategic relationships with: City of Indianapolis, Local Civic, Nonprofit and Community Leadership, Financial Institutions, and National, State, Local Investors, and Donors;
This position requires a bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in a related field of study (e.g. Certified Accountant, Master's in Business Administration, Master’s in Economics, Master’s in Public Administration) or equivalent work experience. In addition, the qualified applicant would have knowledge and/or experience in the following fields: project management, single family and commercial lending, underwriting, property management, single family and commercial development, strategic planning, low-income housing tax credit financing, and/or community development.
This full-time position with benefits is located at INHP’s 3550 N. Washington Blvd. location.
All interested applicants should apply online at the following address:
The purpose of this full-time position is to:
- Provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounts
- Aid in the preparation of financial statements
- Coordinate the accounts payable function for the organization ensuring that transactions are correctly entered in internal systems and that balance sheets are regularly reconciled
In addition, the incumbent will assist in billing for federal award reimbursement and reporting and will serve as a backup for bi-weekly payroll using INHP’s payroll and accounts payable software.
Candidates for this position should have the following experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred Equivalent experience in accounting and/or finance roles may be substituted for a degree
- Preferably three years of relevant accounting experience in a mortgage lending environment and a minimum of one year managing a special project such as the annual budget
- Knowledge of Financial Edge software and ADP payroll system is preferred
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now and with a benefit portal is a plus
- Excellent use of technology skills, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of accounting processes concerning rental properties is a plus
All interested applicants should apply online here.
INHP is an equal opportunity employer, including disabilty/veteran.
WORKING AT INHP
Respect: We believe in treating people and their opinions with dignity through attentiveness, consideration, empathy and ensuring mutual understanding when communicating.
Collaboration: We believe in developing effective partnerships with the community, organizations, clients and colleagues through active engagement and relationship-building.
Customer service: We believe in creating a client-focused environment that is efficient, positive, responsive, welcoming and friendly.
Continuous improvement: We believe in ongoing innovation, evaluation, training and growth while continuously having the courage to ask ourselves, “What can we do better?”
Trust: We believe in creating and maintaining a culture of honesty.
INHP makes equal employment opportunities available to all persons without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, military status, any other legally-protected status, or genetic (including family medical history) information.
This policy applies to applicants and employees and to all aspects of employment including hiring, promotion, demotion, and treatment during employment, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, and termination of employment.
We think accountability is the foundation of success for all employees. Our employees own their projects and demonstrate dedication, passion and hard work so INHP achieves its goals.
We like to have fun, too. From employee birthday pitch-ins and wellness challenges, to embracing the spirit of friendly competition during our annual employee campaign activities or voluntary holiday party gag gifts, the INHP team rallies behind its mission and its people.
One of INHP’s core values is continuous improvement, which requires that we encourage our team members to look for ways to grow their skill set.
Whether it’s maintaining professional credentials, attending conferences, conducting cross-training or participating in informal learning opportunities like our monthly lunch-and-learns, continuing education helps our team evolve to accommodate the needs of an ever-evolving work environment. It’s also a great way for our team to share information.
INHP offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- Insurance options including medical, dental and vision plans
- Company-paid life insurance benefits
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts or a Health Savings Account
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity to participate in 403(b) retirement program with company-contributed percentage
- Benefit election options to meet your individual needs
- Paid time off (including vacation and sick time), paid holidays and paid winter break
- Employee and wellness committee sponsored activities
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP)