Why does INHP need my credit score and financial information?
Reviewing your credit profile, sources of income and other financial information allows the INHP team to put you on the path to success. Like a GPS navigator, they’ll look at your starting point and decide the smartest route for you to achieve your end point — your new home.
INHP has several loan programs and many more exclusive options from lender partners. With an understanding of your credit and finances, you’ll be matched with options that fit your budget.
With knowledge of your current financial outlook and other factors, INHP can help you plan a successful, sustainable homeownership journey. To learn more about qualifications for all the homeownership programs, schedule a meeting with a member of the INHP Client Services team.
What choices do I get to make within INHP’s process?
If you have credit or financial barriers in the way of homeownership…
- Decide how aggressive your plan is to overcome those barriers.
- Decide what is necessary in your budget plans.
- Decide how much of a down payment you want to save.
If you’re ready to buy…
- Your loan officer will identify up to three mortgage options that best fit your finances. You choose whether to use an INHP loan or one from a lender partner.
- Choose your realtor.
- Choose a home you can afford.
If you’re making home repairs…
- Choose a contractor from INHP’s approved list, or choose your own, depending on the loan program.
- Choose home improvements that fall within the qualifications of the loan.
- Choose your monthly payment (only applies to some loans)
Why do I need to schedule a Homebuyer Assessment?
When you meet with an INHP staff member, you’ll work together develop your action plan. This starts with a financial evaluation to help you understand how to overcome any barriers in the way of qualifying for a mortgage. If your finances are ready, you’ll meet with a loan officer. If your finances aren’t quite ready to buy, you’ll start an education process where you can get two years of help from an INHP advisor.
How long does INHP’s homeownership preparation program take?
Homeownership advisors can work with you for up to 24 months to give you the guidance and resources you need to be a successful, long-term homeowner. On average, clients qualify for lending in less than a year.
What if INHP can’t help me right now?
If you’re not immediately ready for INHP’s services, you’ll be told upfront, and recommendations for your next steps. That could mean making a few personal changes to your finances, like eliminating some debt, or seeking out legal or housing assistance. If you follow these recommendations and return to INHP, you can pick up right where you left off.